For our salon software to run smoothly, you’ll need to make sure your in-salon tech setup meets (or exceeds) the following specifications:
Minimum Computer Specifications
Processor: 2.0 GHZ or greater dual core
Memory: 2 GB or greater (More than 2 GB is suggested as OS uses 2GB in Visa/Win7/Win8)
Hard Drive: 120 GB 7200 RPM HDD / SSD
Monitor: 1024 x 768 Resolution or greater (up to 1920 x 1080)
Network: 100/1000 MB Ethernet connection
Apple Macintosh: OS X version 10.12 or greater for SalonBiz Enterprise only
Windows: – Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10
Must be a Professional version of OS for Standard.
SalonBiz App (iPad): – iOS 9.3 or later
Stylist App: – Apple iOS 10.0 or later, Android 4.0.3 or later
Internet Access and Network Requirements
- Permanent broadband (DSL, Cable, T1) Business Class internet connection.
- Allocate at least 250 KB/s of bandwidth per device – This includes both computers and printers.
Please note that streaming media (Pandora/ Netflix/ etc.) will increase the internet speeds necessary to run SalonBiz.
- A single Static WAN IP address to be used with your modem/router. (confirm with ISP)
- Printers used for SalonBiz Enterprise (both Document and Receipt) need to be attached directly to your network via wired ethernet or wireless connections.
- Using a wireless network connection for your SalonBiz Enterprise workstation(s) is not as reliable as a wired network connection and is not recommended.
Compatible printers and peripherals can be evaluated and approved for use on a case-by-case basis due to the many various manufacturers and models available on the market. The following hardware has been tested and proven to be compatible with our software and is easily supported by our team. (Please look for these exact part numbers when you purchase them.)
Barcode Scanner: Honeywell MS9500 Voyager Scanner (Part# MK9540-32A38)
Receipt Printer: Epson TM-T88VI Ethernet thermal receipt printer (Part#C31CE94061)
Cash Drawer: APG S100 heavy duty cash drawer (Part# T320-BL1616)
Cash Drawer Cable: APG MultiPro Cable for Epson TM Series printers (Part# CD-101A)
Thermal Receipt Paper: Thermamark Thermal Receipt Paper (Part# RPT3.125-STD)
Contact SalonBiz Support for compatibility (888.809.2802 opt 3)
Credit Cards: Click here
Recommended & Salon Approved iPad Stands