How do you develop a relationship with every person who walks into your salon? How can you find areas to improve so you create a spectacular experience every time? A survey or client questionnaire for hair salon managers and stylists is your best first step. These example questions for new and loyal guests alike can help you get honest answers.
Why a client questionnaire for hair salon guests is so important
From new guests to long-term clients, it’s essential to make each guest feel “known.” With a client questionnaire for hair salon guests, you’re demonstrating how much you care about their needs for their visit.
While this is the major benefit, a salon questionnaire process is also a great way to discover new services you should offer or ways you can improve your guest experience. If you set up your questionnaire and surveys right, you’ll get real and honest answers to improve your salon.
Salon consultation questions will most likely be discussed in person, right in the chair, but you can also use a salon survey to get additional feedback.
One of the best ways to do this is with an anonymous survey sent to your email list. These hair salon client survey questions can be used to clue you in on things you may have missed when talking one-on-one with guests.
12 hair salon survey questions for new clients
Every experience is important, but a first-time visit will determine whether a guest comes back in the future. You have a unique opportunity to learn about the first impressions your salon is making when you send out a post-visit survey to new clients.
These are some of the best hair salon client survey questions to include:
- How did you find out about our salon?
- Was your appointment scheduling process easy?
- Were you greeted by an employee upon arrival for your appointment?
- Was your stylist running on time?
- If not, how long were you waiting to be seated with your stylist?
- Were you given a thorough consultation before getting started?
- Did your stylist meet or exceed your expectations with the end result?
- Did they recommend any products or tools to continue caring for your hair at home?
- Were you prompted to schedule your next appointment before leaving the salon?
- Do you feel the services provided were worth the money you spent?
- How likely are you to return to our salon in the future?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend or family member?
12 hair salon consultation questions for your guests
Whether your guest is 21 or 65, everyone has wants and needs when it comes to their hair. Your consultation questions should focus on learning more about their lifestyle and specific preferences.
Here are 12 questions to start a productive conversation that can lead to fantastic results:
- What do you love about your hair?
- What would you change or improve about your hair?
- How much time do you dedicate to styling your hair every morning?
- Do you use specific tools or products to style your hair?
- How often do you wash your hair?
- Do you enjoy styling your hair or does it feel like a chore?
- Is maintaining a certain hair length or texture a priority?
- Have you ever done something new with your hair that you didn’t like?
- Have you ever tried a new cut, color, or style that you did like?
- What type of job do you have?
- Do you have to attend a lot of events for work or other social gatherings?
- Are there any celebrities that inspire you with their style?
5 anonymous survey ideas to try
When you’re crafting an anonymous survey, it’s important to stay focused. It’s easy to get caught up in asking a range of burning questions you have, but this can be overwhelming for the person responding.
Instead, each survey you send should have a very specific purpose. Some topic ideas for an anonymous client questionnaire for hair salons include:
- Marketing questions to your target demographic about their social media habits and ways they would most love to stay in touch with your salon
- Experience questions to get real answers about your current guest experience and ways to improve
- Product questions to pinpoint brand favorites and product preferences among your guests
- Open-ended questions to find out about services or perks your existing customers would like to see in the future
- Health-related questions to ensure your guests feel safe when visiting your salon
Towards a better guest experience
If you’re ready to develop a solid client questionnaire process, SalonBiz can help.
Our Stylist App allows your team to add notes directly into each guest profile. Beyond their previous service appointments, you can add any before/after photos or add notes about their major life events.
Looking for help developing your client questionnaire routine? SalonBiz also provides customizable consultation form templates in the Stylist App. You’ll be able to set your stylists up for success by giving them a chance to not only meet, but exceed your guest expectations.
You’ll also enjoy access to our email marketing tools, with premade templates for your survey needs.
If you’re searching for new and innovative ways to enhance your guest experience across your salon, SalonBiz is the answer. With features like mobile appointment scheduling, integrated payment options, and inventory control, our intuitive salon management software can do it all. Contact us to learn more!